Unrighteous Golf
I got home from work last night and Becky had a house full of kids and friends from her Ricks College days. They were having a great time and were getting ready to head to the splash pad for a couple of hours.
Becky's friends are great and their kids are great too, but I really didn't want to sit and listen about all the cute boys that used to come and visit their apartment. So I convinced myself that while they were yukking it up at the splash pad that I would go and shoot a quick nine holes at Sun Hills Golf Course in Layton.
The dilemma is that it is Monday night and technically I should be spending it with my family, but since they were otherwise engaged it was easy to justify getting in a quick round.
My last nine holes resulted in my lowest score ever for me. See previous blog post. I was hoping to ride that momentum into another successful score. Nevertheless, I had a horrible round of golf. I shot a 47, felt moderately guilty (but not fully guilty), and really didn't enjoy myself. In retrospect I should have just went to the driving range and tried to straighten out my shots.
I got home a little after 8:00 p.m. and we had a quick F.H.E. It wasn't very effective as our two young girls, who had played all day, attempted to sit still for 15 minutes when it was past their bedtime. Make room for the next Father of the Year.
So I don't think I'll be playing much more golf on Monday nights. I guess I just had to tempt "the right thing to do" and I lost yet again. Some day I'll learn my lesson.
Becky's friends are great and their kids are great too, but I really didn't want to sit and listen about all the cute boys that used to come and visit their apartment. So I convinced myself that while they were yukking it up at the splash pad that I would go and shoot a quick nine holes at Sun Hills Golf Course in Layton.
The dilemma is that it is Monday night and technically I should be spending it with my family, but since they were otherwise engaged it was easy to justify getting in a quick round.
My last nine holes resulted in my lowest score ever for me. See previous blog post. I was hoping to ride that momentum into another successful score. Nevertheless, I had a horrible round of golf. I shot a 47, felt moderately guilty (but not fully guilty), and really didn't enjoy myself. In retrospect I should have just went to the driving range and tried to straighten out my shots.
I got home a little after 8:00 p.m. and we had a quick F.H.E. It wasn't very effective as our two young girls, who had played all day, attempted to sit still for 15 minutes when it was past their bedtime. Make room for the next Father of the Year.
So I don't think I'll be playing much more golf on Monday nights. I guess I just had to tempt "the right thing to do" and I lost yet again. Some day I'll learn my lesson.

1 Comments:
We were trying to have FHE with Friends. Remember, our ward wants us to do that Scott. Maybe next time you'll join us.
I do still love you even if you golfed yesterday.
The other day Aubree asked me if Scott was at work or golf. It seems to be a 50/50 guess lately.
Post a Comment
<< Home