Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stevens Family News

Becky's brother, Michael (and his wife and two kids), are moving back to Utah from Tucson, Arizona. Michael has accepted a job with Thiokol and they will be moving in August. He is a mechanical engineer and his current job is with Raytheon in Tucson. He gets to help design rockets for the U.S. Military. Pretty cool job. He gets to design things that blows stuff up. I would tell you more but I don't want to compromise his top secret status. I'm not quite sure what he'll be doing exactly for Thiokol but let's hope that it helps keep the Space Shuttle in one piece.

The downside to them moving is that I had already purchased my tickets to the BYU-Arizona game on Sept. 2 in Tucson. I'm still debating on whether I will still go or not. And that pretty much eliminates Becky from going with me.

The upside is that we'll get to see them more often. It's tough when you live further away from family. It was a calculated move for us to move to Utah for that very reason (and BYU football, of course) and I can say that I haven't regretted that move for one second. It's enjoyable to me to have dinner at the in-laws on Sundays and to have other family members visit for a couple of days because they also have other relatives that they come to see in Utah.

I have family that we get to see pretty much about once a year. I just want everyone to move closer to me so that I don't have to move. It's selfish, but it works for me. I say that now and my next job could be in Timbuktu. Wouldn't that be cool, Scott Darrington- City manager of Timbuktu.

Welcome back Michael, Stacie, Abbie, and Rachael. We'll be looking forward to seeing you soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that says a lot about you and Becky that you actually would like to see all of your family more than once a year. Unfortunately, Rob and I have family we are fine with only seeing once a year. We're poopheads, aren't we.

Hey Scotty, are you ever going to complete a profile?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006  
Blogger TheRobRogers said...

We are poopheads. That being said, I've got a sister in Mesa, Scotty. They're just down the street from Tucson.

And Utah would be great, if it weren't Utah. Ya know?

Thursday, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Scotty about it being nice to live so close to everyone. It's good to be able to spend a day more often than a week just a couple of times a year.

But, hey, let's me honest with ourselves Scotty, I know the reason you want to live in Utah is so that you can continue to have BYU season tickets.

I noticed what Becky and Rob said and we haven't seen them for 1 1/2 years so maybe it's us they don't really want to see. I get it. :)

Thursday, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Scott's Blog said...

I can appreciate someone not wanting to live in Utah. I have no such reservations (obviously) and I don't mind hanging out with Mormons.

It's an age old question to list the pros and cons of living here. And that sounds like a good blog topic for another day.

Thursday, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home