Friday, December 08, 2006

A Ghost from the Past

This entry is for you faithful readers who haven't given up on my "once a monthers".

Just FYI. Here are the numbers from last Boot Camp:

July 31, 2006

Body Fat: 28.4%
Fat Weight: 79 lbs.
Lean Weight: 199 lbs.

September 25, 2006

Body Fat: 23.4%
Fat Weight: 62 lbs.
Lean Weight: 204 lbs.

So if you run the numbers I lost 17 pounds of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle. This is all calculated by some little machine that is attached to my arm. After 30 seconds it gives you your body fat % by which everything else is calculated. It seemed pretty low-tech, I'm sure it's real accurate.

Don't expect the same sort of results from this round of Boot Camp. It just seems like I haven't pushed it as hard. We'll see, weigh in is next week.

Interesting Story

So I'm at the 5:00 a.m. session of Boot Camp this morning and this girl comes up to me and says "You look familiar to me". Now I'm no stranger to chicks hitting on me (I don't wear my ring while working out) and I have to admit it was a pretty weak pick-up line, but I figure I better get used to it as Boot Camp has been "paying off".

I give her a funny look because she doesn't look all that familiar to me. She says "I think you were in my FHE group." I tried to think back to my FHE days my freshman year (89-90), but quickly remembered that since I didn't have any good looking chicks in my group that I attended only one time.

She says, "I lived in Carriage House 312." Now it starts coming back to me. This was actually my sophomore year (92-93) and I spent a lot of time with my FHE sisters. Unfortunately it was with Carriage House 313 which was next door. Our FHE group was 2 girls apartments to our one guys apartment. Ricks was awesome!

She mentions the names of a couple of her roommates and I say, "Was Holly Hansen one of your roommates?" She says, "I'm Holly". Whoops. Then I start thinking back to our sordid "history" of a naive RM entering the world of one of the biggest flirts I had ever met. Whoops again. Every man has to have some sort of experience with some girl who just plays him like a fiddle. It happened to me one time. Hello, Holly Hansen.

I'll cut the story short, but essentially Earl and I hung out at her apartment the first couple of weeks of the year. She was our Relief Society President and I was Elders Quorum President. It was meant to be. About the second time we are visiting she comes up behind me and starts giving me a shoulder massage (which was clearly a violation of rule #7 of John C. Darrington's rules of dating). Keep in mind that this is in a room full of people so it's not a huge deal, but I was thinking that this chick is just making it clear that she likes me.

So I fall for it. I ask her out the next day and we go to a movie. "Father of the Bride" if you're keeping score at home. All of the sudden the advances slow down. You would have thought that I came down with leprosy or something. But then...We go to a football game a couple of days later and she sits next to me and has her hand on my thigh (not knee) the whole game. I'm figuring we'll be eloping by the weekend.

So I'm game planning our future together and swing by her apartment for a visit. As I walk in the door I notice Holly sitting behind some dude giving him a shoulder massage. Right at that point I realize I'm the fiddle. And that I should never trust a female again. Word on the street was that the dude that was getting the massage asks her to Homecoming the next week. Yep, I'm wasn't the only sucker at Ricks. And she dropped him soon after. At this point I pretty much sever ties and start hanging out with the girls next door. Lesson learned.

Needless to say that I share this little story with Becky and she gets jealous. It's hard for her to believe that I was a major stud at one time. However, it was nice to visit with someone from the "good ole' days". Ricks really was a fun time. And come to find out she had recently adopted a baby boy through LDS Social Services so we had some common ground to talk about. I really didn't get around to bringing up our dating "history".

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting.......hmmmm, sounds like I need to do a surprise visit to one of these Boot Camp classes.

Sunday, December 10, 2006  
Blogger Scott's Blog said...

Becky, I think it would be great to have you do a "surprise visit".

Just bring your workout clothes and plan to stay the whole hour.

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scotty, great story. See the great thing about never dating at ricks is that I don't have any ackward situations later on :)

#2 - I was quite surprised to see you posted something so quickly. Don't let your readership get too used to it.

Monday, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a pretty funny story. There are a few people I hope I never run into again as well.

Saturday, December 16, 2006  
Blogger TheRobRogers said...

Classic. Nothing really compares to the classic Ricks "dating" scene. Or maybe something does. I remember this exact scenario playing out my first year at Davis after having only been in Utah for three months.

Anyway, you're now posting more often than me.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how come you didn't recognize her?

Monday, January 01, 2007  
Blogger Scott's Blog said...

She actually looks pretty much the same. I had pretty much erased her from my memory so it didn't cross my mind that it was her.

I was totally surprised she recognized me with no glasses on and weighing about 50 pounds more than at Ricks. I was impressed she figured it out. If she never would have said anything to me I don't think I would have ever recognized her.

Friday, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Ken said...

"(which was clearly a violation of rule #7 of John C. Darrington's rules of dating)"

Rules haven't changed, Scott!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home