Thursday, February 07, 2008

Resolutions 2008- January

Since I've actually been trying to keep my resolutions for this year, I'll give you an update.

Exercise 30 min. 5 X Week

One of the more critical goals I've set. I'm happy to report that I have done OK. I'm not perfect, but have made a pretty good effort. Out of the 20 eligible days of exercise I exercised 17 times. I'm pretty proud of that.

Sugar 3 X Month

I had sugar exactly three times last month. This one is fairly easy for me since I don't crave sugar. However if I tried to eliminate it all together I might have some problems.

Read
Presidents and Prophets
1776
Preach My Gospel

Not too proud to report that I haven't read a single page out of either of these books.

Write in Blog 2 X Month

Accomplished with no problem. February will be knocked out after my church ball game tonight. Makes me wonder what I'll do when church ball is finished.

Read Ensign Monthly
Temple 1 X Month

Check and Check.

Read BOM 2 X Year

Currently ahead of pace on this goal. Another goal that I'm particularly proud of.

Family Scripture Study 5 X Week

I have to give Becky a lot of credit on this one. She's been the one holding us together. For some reason I just plain forget. I'm working on making it a habit. Out of the 20 eligible days we hit on 12. Definitely room for improvement.

Eat Out as a Family 2 X Month

Kind of one of our tougher challenges due to past habits. We did eat out twice. I was even going to grant our family an "exemption" one night, but Becky stuck to her guns and we got through it.

Have Another Baby- Boy Preferably (Conception accepted)

Sadly we didn't get it accomplished in January. This will be our toughest goal this year being we don't get to call the shots and all. However we aren't giving up hope and just pray that it won't take us 6 years again.

Other Goals:
No Fast Food Hamburger and Fries- Got'er done this month. This goal will take divine intervention as well.
No Pop- Non-issue. I haven't had a pop since August. I don't really miss it. Now that I've eliminated the "Value Meal" it's even easier.
No Eating After 9:00 p.m.- Broke this rule once in January and I paid for it. I think it was a chili-cheese baked potato at about 10:30 p.m. I felt it the next two days.
In Bed by 10:30 p.m.- I have struggled with this one. I'm a little better, usually in bed by 11:00 p.m., but I'll keep working on it.
Increase and Organize Food Storage
Stay Within Monthly Budget
I put these on the goal list and delegated them to Becky. It's up to her to meet my goals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading the update on your goals. I hope you can keep up posting more often so I have something fun to read twice a month. I also like being in the know about adding the next baby. We'll add you to our list of people we pray for on that one. And good job overall, Scotty, I'm impressed you're doing so well with your goals. Keep up the good work.

Friday, February 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home