New Years Resolutions- 2008
I have this crafted in an awesome spreadsheet, but it won't allow me to post it on the blog. So you get the resolutions in a list format. This way you might also get some explanations.
2008 New Years Resolutions
Exercise 30 min. 5 X Week
Comments: So far I haven't missed. Check back with me in April.
Read Ensign Monthly
Comments: I've already polished away January. This is more of a cover-to-cover type goal. I usually pick an article here or there, but I want to go a little further.
Read BOM 2 X Year
Comments: I've downloaded the BOM on my I-pod and it makes it a lot easier. I usually listen to a chapter to and from work. I'll sometimes work in a chapter on my way to basketball in the mornings. It's the 11th of January and I'm already at 2 Nephi 4. I might have to expand this goal.
I told (bragged to) Becky how well I was doing and she said "Do I get to use the I-pod for my scripture study?" To which I replied, "Don't worry I'll put in a good word for you on judgment day."
Temple 1 X Month
Comments: Young kids make the temple going a little tough. I've got some other excuses tucked away for later in the year when I have to report back that I'm failing on this goal.
Sugar 3 X Month
Comments: Deprivation doesn't necessarily work for me. So I can have sugar 3 times each month. I've had it once already this month and I'll be using another allotment on Mom-in-laws B-day later this month. That means I have one to toy with. The possibilities are endless.
Speaking of sugar, Becky made sugar cookies two days ago complete with frosting. I've been known to down 10 of these in one sitting. They have been sitting on the counter tempting me. As Aubree was eating one of them I asked her if she knew where the cookies came from. She said "No". I said they were "made by Satan himself". Becky didn't appreciate being compared to Satan, but does she really have to make yummy sugar cookies 8 days into my New Years Resolutions.
Family Scripture Study 5 X Week
Comments: This is just a conscious decision to get on track. We got our Book of Mormon Reader and we're locked and loaded.
Three Books I Want to Read
Presidents and Prophets
1776
Preach My Gospel
Comments: I know for some members of the family this would be a weekend goal. But if I got this done I'd feel pretty proud of myself.
Eat Out as a Family 2 X Month
Comments: Becky isn't too pleased with this goal. Now she has to make dinner more often. However eating out costs a lot of money. Duh.
Write in Blog 2 X Month
Comments: This is my second post this month. Done and done. See you in February.
Have Another Baby- Boy Preferably
Comments: You can't accomplish goals if you don't set them. I'm kind of curious how this one is going to pan out.
Other Goals
No fast food hamburger and fries
No pop
No eating after 9:00 p.m.
In bed by 10:30 a.m.
Increase and organize food storage
Stay within monthly budget
The "other goals" have their place. I guess I have these more as reminders. If I fail at them here or there then I'm not going to lose any sleep. Maybe next year they can make it to the big leagues. Just FYI, I'm 100% on them so far this year. Way to go Mr. January 11th.

3 Comments:
Great post. Very detailed resolutions. John
I liked your resolutions. It made me think how I need to expand my goals. I'll post mine on my blog.
Impressive goals, Scotty. I laughed pretty hard at the sugar cookie story. I haven't been able to sit down and write my goals out yet but I've got most of them planned out in my head, and we've set our family goals so that's pretty good. But mine basically focus around achieving a balance to life. We need a little balance--less yelling at obnoxious kids and more exercise. We'll see how it goes.
Post a Comment
<< Home