Golf Update
I was able to get out to play on Memorial Day for 18 holes. It was a nice day, but a little chilly in the morning. We had a slight cold front blow through and it was probably about 45 degress when we started play. We played at Riverside Country Club in Riverdale, Utah. It's called Riverside because it runs along the Weber River. The course is a par 71 for 18 holes. Generally courses are a par 72 so this course was a tad bit shorter than most courses.
Remember the goals:
Shoot a 39 or better on nine holes
Shoot an 85 or better on 18 holes
The front nine started bad with a double-bogey (2 shots over par) on the first hole. After that I parred three holes in a row. I had never done that before. I stayed fairly consistent until the 8th hole when I double bogeyed again. Then I capped the front nine off with a birdie on par 5. My first birdie of the year! That gave me 42 on the front nine. All I needed was a 43 on the back to reach one of my goals.
The back nine felt pretty good for the most part. I played consistent golf. Not consistently good, but at least consistent. By the time I reached the 18th hole I had parred two holes and bogeyed 6 holes for a score of 38. The last hole was a par 3 and all I had to do was get a 5 and I would reach my goal of 85. It all came down to my tee shot. If I shanked it badly I would be in trouble. If I got it anywhere near the green I would make my goal.
I hit a decent tee shot, straight, but short of the green. From there I chipped on and two putted for a 4 and an 84 on the round. Mission accomplished. Lowest score ever for me on 18 holes. However, with Riverside being a par 71 course it's a little off. So for the record books:
Best score on 9 holes (par 36):
July 24, 2004- The Bluff- 40
Best score on 18 holes (par 72):
July 24, 2004- The Bluff- 86
Best score on 18 holes (par 71):
May 29, 2006- Riverside- 84
Birdies for 2006: (1)
May 29, 2006- Riverside- 9th Hole
Next golf date is June 2nd. I'll be playing in a four man scramble tournament. Because of the format it is a team score and not an individual score. So therefore nothing in this tournament will count towards my goals. My next golf round after that will be June 14th in Heber City for the Darrington Family Reunion.
Remember the goals:
Shoot a 39 or better on nine holes
Shoot an 85 or better on 18 holes
The front nine started bad with a double-bogey (2 shots over par) on the first hole. After that I parred three holes in a row. I had never done that before. I stayed fairly consistent until the 8th hole when I double bogeyed again. Then I capped the front nine off with a birdie on par 5. My first birdie of the year! That gave me 42 on the front nine. All I needed was a 43 on the back to reach one of my goals.
The back nine felt pretty good for the most part. I played consistent golf. Not consistently good, but at least consistent. By the time I reached the 18th hole I had parred two holes and bogeyed 6 holes for a score of 38. The last hole was a par 3 and all I had to do was get a 5 and I would reach my goal of 85. It all came down to my tee shot. If I shanked it badly I would be in trouble. If I got it anywhere near the green I would make my goal.
I hit a decent tee shot, straight, but short of the green. From there I chipped on and two putted for a 4 and an 84 on the round. Mission accomplished. Lowest score ever for me on 18 holes. However, with Riverside being a par 71 course it's a little off. So for the record books:
Best score on 9 holes (par 36):
July 24, 2004- The Bluff- 40
Best score on 18 holes (par 72):
July 24, 2004- The Bluff- 86
Best score on 18 holes (par 71):
May 29, 2006- Riverside- 84
Birdies for 2006: (1)
May 29, 2006- Riverside- 9th Hole
Next golf date is June 2nd. I'll be playing in a four man scramble tournament. Because of the format it is a team score and not an individual score. So therefore nothing in this tournament will count towards my goals. My next golf round after that will be June 14th in Heber City for the Darrington Family Reunion.

2 Comments:
Good job, Scott. When I was in high school my best score was 83 ... on 9 holes. I was amazing.
Seriously, reading this almost makes me want to golf.
And then I remember how well I did on my first and only golf trip and I don't feel like golfing so much.
Post a Comment
<< Home