Friday, March 14, 2008

Resolutions 2008- February

Accountability time. Here we go:

Exercise 30 Min. 5 X Week

This month I hit 15/20. Not a perfect score, but it's OK. I've hit my stride in playing basketball on M W F, but I struggle a little bit on T Th. I'm hoping once the weather improves outside that I might take it up a notch. I have preliminarily scheduled running a 5K at the end of March. My goal is to actually run the whole time with no walking. We'll see.

Sugar 3 X Month

No problem. I've gotten to a point that even though I allow myself sugar 3 times I still feel guilty when I eat it. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.

Read: Presidents and Prophets, 1776, Preach My Gospel

I'm two months in the year and I've made very little progress. I did read some of Preach My Gospel the other night. It's really good. Maybe I'll actually finish it someday.

Write in Blog 2 X Month

Church Ball has saved me. Plus the goal updates. At least something is being written.

Read Ensign and Temple Monthly

Done and done. Again.

Read BOM 2 X Year

I'm currently on ahead of pace to get this done. I'm at Alma 35 halfway through March. Just keep chuggin'.

Family Scripture Study 5 X Week

Should technically be 7 X Week, but I'm realistic. We did a lot better on this one making 18/20. I'm hoping for a perfect month in March. We've gotten to the point where this is more of a habit plus Aubree likes it so she'll remind us at times too.

Eat Out as a Family 2 X Month

*Exhales* We'll we sort of kept this one. We took a mini-vacation in which we ate out a couple of times and Becky burned the beef stroganoff one night so that turned into a Wendy's run. This goal is still a work in progress, but I'm happy with our effort.

I'm considering modifying this to 4 X Month (once a week). I think that is a more realistic goal for us. Given the fact that I keep giving our family "exemptions" when we need an excuse to get some pizza.

Have Another Baby

No luck so far. However Aubree keeps praying for one. It is her A-1 prayer priority. I have thought that if we do get pregnant that it will be announced on the blog. Kind of a treat for the loyal readers.

Other Goals
No fast food hamburger or fries- I had some fries the other day, but I still haven't had a hamburger. It's still tough.

No pop- This one has been pretty easy. My last pop was in mid-August. I'm past the six month mark.

No eating after 9:00 p.m.- I've actually been ready to head to the fridge at 10:00 p.m. at night but stop myself because of this goal. That's scary.

In bed by 10:30 p.m.- *Chuckles* Yeah, right.

Food storage and monthly budget- Can't say that much effort has gone into this. But I still have 10 more months.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be your number one fan! Good job on the goals. Have you had any weigh loss since the induction of your goals? I'd like to suggest that maybe one of your entries during the month not be about goals or basketball. There's so many options out there...

Friday, March 14, 2008  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

I must be the number 2 fan. I can't wait. I'm excited about your workout goals - you're doing fantastic. A lot better than I am!

Friday, March 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad that I'm your number three fan and reading this ten days after you post it. Keep up the good work on your goals.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008  
Blogger Scott's Blog said...

Three fans. Three more than I ever thought I would have.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home